Tuesday, April 13, 2010

reflections



“When the pupil is ready, the teacher will appear” -Plato
As i journey through this year, one attitude I have held so dearly is a teachable spirit. John Maxwell once said each person we meet has the potential to teach us something, I agree with this view and I wish to add that even from a fool one can also learn how not to do things. Hence, I have learnt to listen more than I speak, to value the differences in people, cultures, views and opinions…..Hmmmnnn I have really learnt timeless lessons from unlikely people and unlikely places.
Life like it is said is a teacher, overtime we learn, unlearn and re-learn lessons with the ultimate of growing to become better persons

I have learnt:
• That life is basically about relationships (horizontal and vertical) and also to make conscious effort to build, maintain and maximize strategic relationships).
• To value people irrespective of whatever phase of life they may be right now…no condition is permanent you know.
• Practice the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
• To count my blessings and be thankful for life and the people in my life.
• Accept others just the way they are, without trying to change them in anyway.
• Cherish the moment and create positive memories.
• Hang out with people who sharpen my cutting edge
• Risk to love and trust even when it might hurt
• Make mistakes, learn and grow.
• Look past the thorns in people and find the roses in them….because everyone’s special.

The list goes on and on……above all I have learnt to make learning from others a passion. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment