Friday, February 5, 2010

love unlimited


It’s a beautiful morning and it has been a great week indeed. What more can I say…… it’s the month of February. What is it that makes FERUAURY special out of all the twelve months in a year? I guess it’s something about LOVE and VALENTINE. This brings to mind the events in my secondary school days, the clamor for teddy bears, cakes, cards, chocolates, roses and all ……..February was a month to look forward to in those days and am wondering is it still the same today?
Yes I hear it’s a month dedicated for lovers to show LOVE to their partners by going out on special treat, exchanging gifts, cards and more. This for me is very nice and acceptable, but my question however is do we really have a good knowledge of what love is all about. Is it all about the feelings you have for someone, is it about the decision to stand by your partner through thick and thin? What exactly is this celebration of LOVE about? Love is one force in the course of human existence that never fails…. and am talking about no other but the God kind of Love. 1 Corinthians 13: 3 -8 gives us an insight into what love is

“What if I gave away all that I owned and let myself be burned alive? I would gain nothing, unless I loved others.
Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude.
Love isn't selfish or quick tempered.
It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do.
Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
Love never fails!”

In a world where self-centeredness seems to be the order of the day, wouldn’t it be nice for you to subscribe to the God- kind of Love and help make the world a better place.

1 comment:

  1. Preach it, girl. The God-kinda-love is the utmost and ultimate!! The Love that NEVER fails indeed. Thanks for this timely reminder. Zibah

    ReplyDelete