Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! To you all out there, Thank God we all made it through into this New Year. It’s a great privilege and honor to be counted among the living and I believe we are alive for a purpose. I had an awesome time at the watch night service at my church which started at 6pm and ended at 9pm. It was a time of gratitude to God for all the awesome things he had done in 2009 and to look up to him for renewed grace in the coming year.


As usual I went in with my goals all written out, Guess what? Just like my pastor warned during the service” some of you might have to go back and review those goals you have written”. I realized those goals really had to be reviewed (upwardly…lol) so that God’s power and wisdom can be made manifest. I needed to get to the point of absolute dependence of God’s power for the realization of those goals.


Tips for goal setting


Let your goals be SMART
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound


Lastly, whatever your goals are commit them to God in prayer and review them periodically. I leave us with words of wisdom from Proverbs 3: 5-7(MSG translation)
“Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all. Run to GOD! Run from evil!”

Do have a great year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment