Thursday, January 7, 2010

DIFFERENT STROKES


How has the year been so far? It has been very interesting on my side and I can say indeed God has been faithful. Lately I was reflecting about life and discovered that there are three basic categories of people.

I realized that there are those who can be termed as Ignorant, others acquire some level of knowledge but do nothing with what they know. The third category are those who acquire knowledge and take appropriate action with regards what they know and achieve results. Which category do you belong? One of my decisions this year is to know the truth, process it and finally put it into application in every area of my life for me to achieve my expected results.

While growing up I read a lot of books on different topics ranging from spiritual, business, relationships e.t.c. looking back over those years I realize I was just acquiring those knowledge and doing nothing about them and today I see a lot of people especially Christians in the same scenario. Too much knowledge but little impact, this led me to the decision to invest more time to process and practice the old knowledge that I had done nothing about. You know what? That decision is paying off for me big time.

Lately I took my time to listen to some of the messages preached last year over and over again and I realized that I really did not apply much of the knowledge that I acquired and obviously did not experience to full capacity what I should have achieved. Personally I defaulted in learning to trust and lean on God’s Grace concerning the issues of my life, rather I engaged in trying to figure out and control the affairs of my life when I should have trusted in God and acknowledged him in all of my ways so that he can direct my path.

Sometime ago i read Dale Carnegie’s book on “Winning friends and influencing people”, embedded in that book are very simple principles for getting along with people but in reality I had not consciously putting them into practice.
In our pursuit to achieve success in business, family, career, relationships and other areas of life there are required principles to practice to guarantee success. However some people are totally ignorant of those principles, some others are aware of these principles and do nothing about them, while others know the principles, apply them and enjoy the benefits thereof.

Make up your mind to get out of the bond of ignorance if you fall into this category. I have tasted the pain of ignorance before and I can tell you it is not very palatable.
Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”

If you are in the category of those who acquire knowledge without adding action to your knowledge, make up your mind to be ACTION ORIENTED.
James 1:22 “Do not deceive yourselves by just listening to his word; instead, put it into practice.”
Consciously decide to join the category of those who acquire knowledge and apply the knowledge to the issues of their life and produce results.
Mat 7:24 “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock” .

Do have a lovely day.

I leave you with this joke …….

There was this case in Kenyatta National Hospital Intensive Care ward

where patients always died in the same bed on Sunday morning at 11am,

regardless of their medical condition.


This puzzled the doctors and some even thought that it had something

to do with the supernatural no one could solve the mystery.... as to

why people died at 11.am


So a world-wide expert team was constituted and they decided to go

down to the ward to investigate the cause of the incidents. So on the

next Sunday morning few minutes before 11am, all doctors and nurses

nervously wait outside the ward to see for themselves what the

terrible phenomenon was all about.


Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer, books and their

Objects to ward off the evil.....Just when the clock struck

11.....Guess what happened...... Mukhobero Wepukhulu, the part-time

Sunday sweeper entered the ward and unplugged the life support system

so that he could use the socket for the vacuum

cleaner.


If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

No comments:

Post a Comment